Aims of our provision for pupils with SEN and/or disability
The aims of our policy and practice in relation to special educational need and disability in Hill Avenue Academy are:
To make reasonable adjustments for those with a disability by taking action to increase access to the curriculum, the environment and to printed information for all.
- To ensure that children and you people with SEN engage in the activities of the school alongside pupils who do not have SEN.
- To reduce barriers to progress by embedding the principles in the National Curriculum Inclusion statement https://www.gov.uk/goverment/c...
- To use our best endeavours to secure special educational provision for pupils for whom this is required, that is "additional to and different from" that provided within the differentiated curriculum, to better respond to the four broad areas of need:
Areas of need
- Communication and interaction.
- Cognition and learning.
- Social, mental and emotional health.
- Sensory and physical
If you have any queries, please contact the school's Special Educational Needs coordinator (SENCO), Miss A. Savin: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01902 558750.