Computing at Hill Avenue aims to ensure that all our children:
- Develop their understanding of the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science.
- Develop their skills in using hardware and software to manipulate information.
- Develop a high quality computing education which equips them to understand and change the world through logical thinking and creativity.
- Develop their understanding of how digital systems work and to become digitally literate individuals.• Explore their attitudes towards ICT, its value for themselves, others and society, and their awareness of its advantages and limitations.
By the end of Key Stage 1, our children are taught to:
- Understand what algorithms are, how they are implemented as programs on digital devices; and that programs execute by following a sequence of instructions.
- Write and test simple programs.
- Use logical reasoning to predict and compute the behaviour of simple programs.
- Organise, store, manipulate and retrieve data in a range of digital formats.
- Communicate safely and respectfully online, keeping personal information private.
By the end of Key Stage 2, our children are taught to:
- Design and write programs that accomplish specific goals.
- Use sequence, selection, and repetition in programs.
- Work with variables and various forms of input and output.