At Hill Avenue Academy we believe the learning of a foreign language provides a valuable educational, social and cultural experience for the pupils. From year 3 onwards our children learn French.
This school aims to:
- To develop pupils’ communication and literacy skills that lay the foundation for future language learning.
- To develop linguistic competence, extend their knowledge of how language works and explore differences and similarities between the target language and English.
- To enhance pupils’ awareness of the multilingual and multicultural world and introduce an international dimension to pupils’ learning, giving them an insight into their own culture and those of others.
- To provide a medium for cross-curricular links and for reinforcement of knowledge, skills and understanding developed in other subjects.
- Foster positive attitudes towards foreign language learning.
- Form a sound basis for further study at Key Stage 3 and beyond.